How I Lost 12.5 Pounds & Regained My Soul

Naked, as in truth, and uncensored, I share my daily quest to survive as a woman and artist, while dealing with the complications of a full life, meddling in politics, loving my children to excess, totally permanently married and on a never-ending diet. While my soul is in constant need of repair and redemption, I struggle to do the right thing. In the meantime, let's all double the love. (Love, not sex, you fool). All posts are copyrighted material.

Monday, August 06, 2007

A few more tips on how to survive a fire...


Good afternoon, my dynamic little hummingbirds~

Okay, so I am in some weird frame of mind. Perhaps I've been reading and watching the news a little too much the last few days and so I am focused on disasters. I have one great big beef about low-income housing, and here it is. Manufactured homes.

They are the biggest fire traps in the world, and I personally think that kind of shabby construction should be banned. Ask any fire department that is located near manufactured homes - whether they are in a park or on a permanent foundation - and they will tell you how unsafe they are. Particularly as they get older and the cheesy wiring in them starts to fail, they become death traps.

So, in the interest of saving lives, here is another tip on escaping a fire when the exit is blocked with flames or fumes. Lie down on your back so that the fumes don't get you first and kick out the walls!

No kidding, these structures are so cheap that you can kick them out - just like stucco - and make your own escape route. Obviously if they were built with extra doors and windows that one could escape through, they wouldn't be such hazardous buildings.

Yes, I know, if only I were Queen.

Oh! And if you have a basement that doesn't have two exits or a window big enough for someone to climb out in addition to the door? Please don't let your children or someone else sleep down there. Bad things do happen, but we don't need to make it easy for them, do we?

Clark County Diva

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SynBlog.com - Blog Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory
Google