How I Lost 12.5 Pounds & Regained My Soul

Naked, as in truth, and uncensored, I share my daily quest to survive as a woman and artist, while dealing with the complications of a full life, meddling in politics, loving my children to excess, totally permanently married and on a never-ending diet. While my soul is in constant need of repair and redemption, I struggle to do the right thing. In the meantime, let's all double the love. (Love, not sex, you fool). All posts are copyrighted material.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What is the half-life of a hard-boiled egg?


Good morning, my beastie little kumquats~

Friday I boiled some eggs which I expected family to munch on when they arrived in anticipation of the wedding reception. Of course, that worked that day, but eventually the refrigerator was filled to capacity and the eggs were difficult to find. Until this morning, when I decided I might eat a couple for breakfast.

So what is the life span of a cooked, hard-boiled egg, I wondered. After a thorough Internet search I learned it was approximately one week.

Although fresh eggs can be kept refrigerated for five or six weeks, once they are washed and natural coating supplied by nature has been destroyed, they become porous. Ergo, a boiled egg has no protection against bacteria that will begin to develop on the eighth day.

Clark County Diva

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SynBlog.com - Blog Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory
Google