How I Lost 12.5 Pounds & Regained My Soul

Naked, as in truth, and uncensored, I share my daily quest to survive as a woman and artist, while dealing with the complications of a full life, meddling in politics, loving my children to excess, totally permanently married and on a never-ending diet. While my soul is in constant need of repair and redemption, I struggle to do the right thing. In the meantime, let's all double the love. (Love, not sex, you fool). All posts are copyrighted material.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Teddy Roosevelt and common sense.


Good morning, my glorious little beauties~

How I love a good cliche, but a great quote? Even better. Teddy Roosevelt was clever but also funny. Here's a sample of some of his more famous quotes:

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.


It is essential that there should be organization of labor. This is an era of organization. Capital organizes and therefore labor must organize.

Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering.

No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

No people is wholly civilized where a distinction is drawn between stealing an office and stealing a purse.

Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young.

Some men can live up to their loftiest ideals without ever going higher than a basement.

The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants.

The most important single ingredient in the formula of success is knowing how to get along with people.

The most practical kind of politics is the politics of decency.

The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president... is morally treasonable to the American public.

When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty."

When you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.

With self-discipline most anything is possible.


I guess that shows some of the essence of the man.

Clark County Diva

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SynBlog.com - Blog Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory
Google