How I Lost 12.5 Pounds & Regained My Soul

Naked, as in truth, and uncensored, I share my daily quest to survive as a woman and artist, while dealing with the complications of a full life, meddling in politics, loving my children to excess, totally permanently married and on a never-ending diet. While my soul is in constant need of repair and redemption, I struggle to do the right thing. In the meantime, let's all double the love. (Love, not sex, you fool). All posts are copyrighted material.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Solar rocks... cool, huh?

 

Good morning, my slinky little china dolls~

These were my new discovery for the garden. Solar Rocks! Oh, yes, last year I used the solar lights that sorta, kinda worked, but this year I found these things. They are not real rocks, of course, but have the solar panel on top and the little spotlight centered on one side.

To tell you the truth, last year I had looked for spot lights to begin with, when I found the solar malibu style lights, but they didn't have anything strong enough to do anything more than a pumpkin glow. I wanted drama! I guess it was a little ridiculous to look for that at Home Depot, as I found these at Linen & Things.

These solar rocks give only about a 3 foot high light beam, but hey. We have to adjust to what's good for the environment, and these lights were bright enough to keep that deep, dark, woodsy thing at bay during our night time celebration. As a matter of fact, they seemed to encourage people to stroll around, as many people seemed to be leaving the food and tables and taking little arm-in-arm jaunts with each other around the yard. For a while it was light enough for the kids to run wild, which most of them did, and the swings our friends gave us a few months ago were a huge hit with the little ones (and their parents).

Of course I didn't tell them about the raccoons, deer, possum, coyotes and bears, but most of them have been camping, right? They must have known that woods, although pretty, are also animal habitat.:) Okay, so the closest bear I know of was four miles to the east of us, but in bear terms that is just a hop and a skip. They have been known to travel a hundred miles and still be in their own 'territory'.

Well, that's all for now. Enjoy the rest of July, will you? Great to be back on the blog.

Clark County Diva
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SynBlog.com - Blog Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory
Google