How I Lost 12.5 Pounds & Regained My Soul

Naked, as in truth, and uncensored, I share my daily quest to survive as a woman and artist, while dealing with the complications of a full life, meddling in politics, loving my children to excess, totally permanently married and on a never-ending diet. While my soul is in constant need of repair and redemption, I struggle to do the right thing. In the meantime, let's all double the love. (Love, not sex, you fool). All posts are copyrighted material.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Lilacs are New England...

 

Good morning, my effervescent little cranes~

There is a lovely poem about lilacs. The poet lauds their fragrant smell and rejoices that they spread like crazy there. Then she says something like 'lilacs are New England, I am lilacs'. I wish I could remember it, as when I was a child the smell of lilacs in the spring would suspend me in some heavenly place until the roses bloomed in late June for my birthday.

How lovely the senses are to us in spring.

Clark County Diva
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I enjoy your blog so much, thank you.

    Lilacs are my favorite flower.

    Here is a link to the poem you are trying to remember called "Lilacs" by Amy Lowell:

    http://www.case.edu/artsci/engl/VSALM/mod/hallman/lilacs.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SynBlog.com - Blog Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory
Google