How I Lost 12.5 Pounds & Regained My Soul

Naked, as in truth, and uncensored, I share my daily quest to survive as a woman and artist, while dealing with the complications of a full life, meddling in politics, loving my children to excess, totally permanently married and on a never-ending diet. While my soul is in constant need of repair and redemption, I struggle to do the right thing. In the meantime, let's all double the love. (Love, not sex, you fool). All posts are copyrighted material.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's a shame that with women it is still about looks...

Good morning, my dynamic little bedbugs~

This society is a long way from accepting women as equal human beings, and at my age that feels very discouraging.

It is not that women don't accept each other as the great people we are, it is that society still wants every talented, stupendous, fabulous woman to wear a size 6 and be a super model with a stripper's proportions.

Yes, we all find beautiful young and sexy women wonderful to look at, but when are we going to see past the body?

Sometimes it makes me want to pull my hair out by the roots when I see the pretty girl get the job when her more qualified sister doesn't.

Does it come from that instinct to protect small animals and children? I'm not a big Idol watcher, but when they kicked Melinda Dolittle off the show the other night I was pretty appalled that such talent would be under-valued. Yes, she is a rather homely woman and larger than the average supermodel, but that girl had pipes and she's only in her late 20's.

Her voice will become richer for the next twenty years.

Of course, maybe the two youngsters who are still competing on this segment are more like talent show guys, but Melinda? I thought she could really sing, and I used to be a singer, so I think I know what I'm talking about.

I guess that women will be under-valued as long as we are valued more as sexual objects. In spite of all the progress I think we've made, we haven't gotten past that yet. Sigh.

Just my take.

Clark County Diva

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
SynBlog.com - Blog Directory SynBlog.com - Blog Directory
Google